Equine Chia is organic with no chemical processing and is 100% natural. Chia is an excellent source of EFA’s (essential oils), antioxidants, minerals, protein, soluble (mucilage) fibre and low NSC (non structural carbohydrate).
All of our Chia seed is:
Certified free from chemicals, pesticides, herbicides etc!
100% Kosher, Vegan, NON-GMO and Gluten-Free
3rd party tested prior to importing!
BENEFITS OF CHIA SEED:
- Promotes a healthy, glossy coat
- Stronger, faster growing hooves
- Helps prevent laminitis and insulin disorders
- Boosts the immune system
- Good for respiratory system
- Calms hot nervous temperaments
- Eases mare cycles and oestrus inflammation
- Maintains supple joints and healing in connective tissues
- Assists correct development of nervous system, brain, muscles and skeleton
- Repairs & maintains cellular walls
- Anti-inflammatory – can act like “Bute”
- Aids wound healing
- Supports a healthy heart and blood circulation
- Has anti-allergic properties
- Encourages a strong metabolism
- Chia has no strong flavour, easy to top dress
- Easy to store, keeps up to two years
- Economical – replaces several products in one simple grain
- Horses love it!
These recommendations are based on research, science and actual experience with horses for best results. Please contact your veterinarian for more advice on changing feed rations for your horses.
We recommend feeding the seeds dry.
Allow the seeds to absorb water in the digestive tract. As they expand, the soft fibre does incredible work.
Mixing Chia seeds with 1 cup PRE-SOAKED grass or alfalfa pellets makes a tasty “cereal” that horses enjoy.
Chia can be safely fed everyday. We recommend feeding daily 5 to 6 days/week.
Feed 1/3 cup (about 57g) for each horse on pasture or maintenance.
Feed 2/3 cup (about 114g) for each horse on dry lot or stalled with hay.
We recommend 2/3 cup dose for young, growing horses, seniors, re-hab horses or competition.